Volunteers are always needed across the county to help Somerset Sight in its vital work with visually impaired people.
How much time will it take?
This is up to you. You tell us how much time you can realistically offer on a regular basis.
Who can be a volunteer?
- Almost anyone can be a volunteer
- You may be new to the area and want to meet new people.
- You may be retired but still want to use your work experience or to meet new people and learn new things.
- You may be unemployed and seeking work, but want to use your time to its best advantage.
- You may have time on your hands now that your children are at school or have grown up and left home.
- You may be a student who has some free time in their holidays and would like to gain new skills and experience.
What‘s in it for me?
- The opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
- The opportunity to gain new skills and experience.
- The chance to make a difference to the quality of someone’s life.
- Being part of a caring team helping visually impaired people in Somerset.
- As a volunteer, you would receive full training and support with the opportunity to gain further knowledge.
What else do I need to know?
- All reasonable out of pocket travel expenses will be paid.
- Hours are completely flexible according to you.
- Training and support are provided.
- You will have regular contact with your co-ordinator.
- We offer optional support meetings.
- You will have the opportunity to meet other like minded people.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
- There is no upper age limit restriction for volunteers.
If you are interested, please do contact us, let us know what you enjoy doing and we’ll aim to find a role that would suit you.